How time flies! Mod Betty’s fave 5 & 10 Sine’s in Quakertown PA turns ONE HUNDRED YEARS OLD THIS WEEK!
I’ve been enamored with this brightly enameled storefront and wonderful vintage interior since I first spied it “way back” in 2007. I make an effort to visit there anytime I’m in the area, and did a lot of my Christmas shopping there last year.
If we weren’t going away for MY birthday (I’m not 100 but feel like it sometimes ) you know there would be a Retro Roadmap Meetup at the store this weekend as they’ve got lots of fun stuff in store:
From their website:
We are having a two day celebration on Aug. 10th & 11th to commemorate 100 years in business.
- Congressman Mike Fitzpatrick will be here on Aug. 8th at 9:30 AM & Paul Clymer and state Senator Bob Mensch will be here on the 10th at 11:00 AM for a small ceremony.
- The Leisure Time 4, a barbershop quartet, will be performing on Friday, the 10th, from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
- Dale Sine, formerly of the Mel-O-Dee Aces, will be here on Saturday, the 11th, also between noon and 2:00.
- We will have $1.00 specials throughout the store, including lunch specials at the soda fountain.
- Commemorative mugs and t-shirts will be available.
- Free cotton candy, pencils, magnets and pinwheels will be given out while supplies last.
- The Banana Car will be here on Saturday and Magic by Mike will be performing on Saturday as well.
And of course, we will have cake!
I can’t tell you how thrilled I am that this mom & pop variety store, located in a small downtown, has stuck around for so long – no mean feat in these tough economic times.
Sine’s 5 & 10 Store
236 West Broad St
Quakertown, PA 18951
View PA – Pennsylvania Retro RoadMAP in a larger map