Vintage Tiki Weekend at Wildwood’s Caribbean Motel – hostessed by Retro Roadmap’s Mod Betty – SOLD OUT! May 15-17, 2015 Wildwood, New Jersey
Posted on: March 2, 2015
SOLD OUT WITHIN THE FIRST WEEK! – Mod Betty is hostessing a fab vintage tiki weekend at one of Wildwood NJ most iconic authentic 1950s motels! While this sold out immediately, we’re eyeing more events like this in the future so stay tuned!
Vintage Tiki Weekend at Wildwood’s Caribbean Motel – hostessed by Mod Betty!
Friday May 15 until late checkout on Sunday May 17th, the weekend is packed with vintage fun, retro adventure, with plenty of time to explore Wildwood, socialize, dance, dine and drink under the faux palm trees at the Caribbean Motel – in the mid-century motel mecca of Wildwood, New Jersey!
Built in 1957 The Caribbean Motel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
and is the only motel ever inducted into Historic Hotels of America!
Your Vintage Tiki Weekend at Wildwood’s Most Iconic Motel Includes All This and More:
- 2-nights stay in a lovingly restored authentic 1957 motel!
- “Night-time Neon” doo-wop bus tour of Wildwood!
- Vintage Vending – bring your vintage stuff to sell or swap!
- Ramp-Walk tiki fashion show contest!
- Tiki tunes and signature cocktails from A. Panda’s Tiki Lounge!
- The Thrifty Discount DJ spinning vintage vinyl, surf, exotica, lounge and Mad Men era music!
- World debut of Retro Roadmap’s Wildwood episode!
- Best Sun Hat contest!
- Shuffleboard contest!
- Explore Wildwood on a Virtual Mid-Century Scavenger Hunt!
- Twisting under the plastic palms and limbo contest!
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
- Happy Hours with complimentary wine, beer!
- Signature tiki cocktail tastings!
- Saturday night pig roast dinner!
- Polynesian appetizers!
- Morning pastries and coffee!
- AND MORE!
This is an authentic 1957 Mid Century Modern motel with only 30 rooms, so it will sell out fast!
And the best part? No need to buy tickets!
ALL this fun is included in your ultra-affordable room rate!
Room Categories: (2-night minimum)
1. Queen – room with one queen-size bed – $139/night SOLD OUT THE FIRST DAY!
2. Premium Room (2 double beds) – $149/night
3. Kitchenette (2 double beds and kitchenette) – $159/night
4. “C-Luxe” Room – Includes rooms with one king-size bed or 2 double beds; some have original Heywood Wakefield furniture (Modern Streamline models), new bathrooms with Mid-Century Modern designer fixtures and tiles, ocean views, new deluxe kitchenettes with designer fixtures and tile or combination thereof – $169/night
5. “Room 229” (sleeps up to 6 persons) with kitchenette (includes dishwasher), separate seating area, vintage Fifties’ dinette set that seats 6, and 2 flat screen TVs – $199/night
All vintage tiki weekend room rates cover two adults and two children. A third or fourth person (regardless of age) pays an extra person charge of $45 both Friday and Saturday.
All rooms have:
- Free wi-fi
- Flat screen TV
- Small fridge with separate freezer compartment
- In-room coffee maker
- Lovingly coordinated vintage inspired décor!
This vintage tiki weekend fun is ONLY for guests of the motel so make your reservations NOW!
Looking forward to seeing you there! xo Mod B
5600 Ocean Ave
Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260
Vintage Tiki Weekend May 15-17, 2015